Friday, December 4, 2015

Update...

So, I finally went back and really looked at what I wrote this NaNoWriMo...  And though the statement, that I really like what I wrote, still stands- there's a half a million issues.  Which, it's a first draft, so this is okay!
With the plot I've gone with in this story, it's going to end up being around 40,000 (?) words.  I've been told this is much to long to be considered a short story, so I guess I'm going to have to go with novelette.  Moving on from word count though...
I basically, have a first draft actually.  A skeletal ghost of a story.  Plot needs work, characters need beefing up, backstories need gone more into, secondary characters need to be more rounded (flat secondary characters annoy me), and my love interest... Lol, well- my main character honestly knows nothing about him.  In turn, I don't either.

Basically, this is gonna be a whole lot of fun.  *sarcasm slightly intended*
I'm actually really excited though, to work on this and make it what it has the potential to be.  Lots of love you guys!
xx Kanaya

No comments:

Post a Comment